Graeme Wood revolutionised the travel industry in Australia when he created the concept for, and cofounded, Wotif.com in 2000. From his simple and innovative idea, Graeme has grown Wotif.com into a global company with a team of over 145 employees worldwide.
He is a frequent speaker at functions covering topics relevant to the travel industry as well as entrepreneurship and innovation.
His not-for-profit interests through the Graeme Wood Foundation and the Wot’s Next Programme support youth development programmes in the arts, sailing, and conservation.
IT: Graeme’s background is in information technology, with more than 30 years experience in the field of information systems and software development, beginning with NCR and later IBM. His career as an entrepreneur began in the early 1980s with the first of several technology start-ups.
Awards: Since Wotif.com’s inception Graeme and the company have been awarded several times for contributions to the industry and excellence in all areas of operation including:
– Overall Winner and Winner of Outstanding Achievement by an Organisation in the Services Sector – Premier of Queensland’s SMART Awards 2004
– Australian Institute of Management Medal for Management Innovation – 2004 Management Excellence Awards
– National winner of the Technology, Communications, E-Commerce and Life Sciences category – 2005 Ernst and Young, Entrepreneur of the Year awards.
– National winner for a contact centre with under 50 seats – CSIA Australian Service Excellence Awards 2005/2006.
– Winner of the Inspiration iAward and the Tourism & Hospitality category – AIIA iAwards 2006.
Education: Graeme is a graduate of the University of Queensland, Australia, with a Bachelor of Economics and Master of Information Systems.