As a consistent high achiever for over 20 years, world record breaker and a pioneering first, Tammy van Wisse has been there, swum that!
Tammy is a master at conquering extreme challenges, from the famous freezing cold Loch Ness and English Channel to the most dangerous Straits – Bass and Cook Strait.
Armed with the same energy and dedication as she put into her incredible swimming career, Tammy brings a truly unique and inspiring presentation that entertains as it informs, and inspires as it motivates.
– Swum more than 65,000kms, equivalent to one-and-half times around the planet
– Fastest woman to swim the Cook Strait, New Zealand
– First and only person in world to swim Bass Strait (97.4km) – Tasmania to Victoria, Australia.
– Fastest person to swim Loch Ness, Scotland
– Fastest person to swim 2438km length of the Murray River, Australia.
– Champion for change highlighting the Murray River’s environmental plight from her own perspective as a “human water quality tester”.
– Broke world record for New York to New Jersey, USA as tribute to Gertrude Ederle, first woman across the English Channel and her contribution to Women in Sport.
– Has a day named after her in New Jersey, USA.
– Winner of round Manhattan Island Marathon Race, USA (48kms)
– Two solo swims of the English Channel with honour of fastest person across in 1993 and first brother & sister to cross together in 1994.
– Lifesaver of the Year & winner of more than 150 Victorian State Lifesaving Titles.
– Australian Geographic “Adventurer of the Year”
– Ambassador for National Drowning Prevention Day & Play it Safe by the Water
– Ambassador for The Male Hug – raising awareness of Men’s Mental Health
– Breast Cancer Survivor